ABOUT THIS SITE
BusinessFirst.com.mt is Malta’s Government website for the Point of Single Contact for businesses. The formation and tools on this website are designed specifically for business start-ups, as well as established businesses, and the people who advise and support them.
BusinessFirst.com.mt provides free access to information required for the day to day running of your business. It acts as a gateway to government business information and services.
Here you can find practical information and useful links to help business people plan, start, manage, grow or close down their business, and deal with day-to-day challenges; including information on Government rules and regulations, together with compliance requirements affecting businesses in Malta.
The website is managed and maintained by Malta Enterprise (ME).
Is there any information you feel is lacking from businessfirst.com.mt?
Malta Enterprise is committed to providing reliable, quality business information on a range of business topics. We're also interested in collaborating with the wider business community to supply practical and valuable information as well as ease of access. If you have valuable content that can be added to this site, or suggestions on how we can improve it, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may link to our site as long as:
Business First website is viewed as full screen and not within a frame.
Using frames to display the Business First website is not permitted.
You or your website may not refer to BusinessFirst.com.mt as a ‘partner site’ unless you have express and written permission to do so.
To fulfill its commitments, and facilitate business administrative processes, Business First has entered into a number of service agreements with various public entities to give businesses the possibility to apply for various administrative services in one location, including:
LEGAL ENTITY ESTABLISHMENT
- Request for company name search and company name reservation.
- Request for registration of companies.
- Request for registration of self-employed.
- Request for National Insurance (NI) number.
- Request for employment licences with respect to third country nationals; long term residents; asylum seekers and (currently) Bulgarian/Romanian nationals (including the relative Health Department consultation prior to issuance of licences and Police Department consultation for the issuance of security clearance to third-country nationals).
- Request for registration of commencement of employment.
- Request for registration of termination of employment.
REGISTRATION FOR TAX PURPOSES
- Request for company registration for tax purposes.
- Request for expatriates registration for tax purposes.
- Request for employers’ (companies and self-employed) registration for tax purposes.
REGISTRATION FOR VAT PURPOSES
- Request for registration for VAT purposes.
- Request for VAT fiscal receipt books.
- Request for VAT authorisation to use a computerised sales system.
- Request for trading licences issued by the Commerce Division.
- Request for licences for catering establishments including relative Food Safety Unit approval of food business premises.
- Request for a Travel Operator or Excursion Operator licence.
- Request for a recreational Dive Centre licence.
- Request for the proposal of water-sports operator licence.
- Request for the issuance of water-sports operator licence.
- Request for renewal of water-sports operator licence.
- Request for abeyance of water-sports operator licence.
- Request for revocation of abeyance for water-sports operator licence.
- Request for voluntary deletion of water-sports operator licence.
- Request for licences/permits for private schools and tuition centres.
TOURISM RELATED LICENCES
- Request for Tourism Accommodation Development licence.
- Request for a Holiday Furnished Premises licence.
- Request for licence for use of holiday furnished premises for domestic tourists.
- Request for a Host Family licence.
- Request for licence to give house on lease, emphyteusis or other title to a tourist.
- Request to place tables and chairs on a public space.
- Request for playing amplified music in tourism establishments.
SERVICES RELATING TO ENEMALTA AND WATER SERVICES CORPORATION
Request for a new electricity connection.
Request for changing existing electrical load requirement; increase or decrease and shifting of meter position.
Request for removal of supply of electricity.
Request for gaiters, switching, and/or deviation.
Request for change of electricity tariff.
Request for connecting PV unit to grid.
Request for connection of micro wind turbine to grid.
Request for temporary supply.
Request for new metered water supply (normal domestic and commercial supply) within and outside development zone.
Request for new mains connection or replacement of existing mains connection.
Request for removal of meter.
Request for changes in account details.
Request for waste water discharge permit (normal domestic and commercial supply) within development zone.
Request for waste water discharge permit relating to commercial, industrial or catering permits.
Request for the Notification of Processing Operations and Authorisation of Transfers to Third Countries.
Business First will also be the location from where all incentives, support and services currently provided by Malta Enterprise will be available.