Commissioner for Revenue - VAT

The following services are provided at Business 1st


·         Registration for VAT Number

·         Changing/adding branches for VAT purposes

·         Change of address for VAT purposes

·         Change Economic Activity

·         Change of Register type

·         Assistance on queries relating to filing and paying electronically VAT and ECO on accommodation returns

·         Requests to issue a Duplicate cash register logbook

·         Changing Employment status from Part time to Full time or vice versa

·         Assistance regarding compilation of applications for Transfer of Fiscal Cash register

·         Reprinting of VAT returns/Declarations/Statements

·         Assistance to Request of VAT refunds though SEPA Direct Credit

·         Reactivation for a VAT number/s

·         Assistance to compile applications for VAT deregistration

·         Requests for VAT Compliance Certificates

·         Customer Care Services on other VAT related issues


Contact Details

Business 1st


·         If you visit Business 1st on behalf of someone else, a written authorisation is required in addition to the individual’s ID Card.

·         If you intend to make changes to your VAT Activity, you are required to activate your E-ID by contacting Identity Malta and ensuring that you have an active email address. Information on how to obtain an eID and how to activate your eID can be found here.   Having this ready will save you time when you visit our offices.  If you are not able to do this yourself, Business 1st officers can assist at our premises.

​​·         Requests for Compliance Certificates can be made by sending an email to​   This service is not available our offices at Business 1st. 

​​    ​