Holiday Furnished Premises

Holiday Furnished Premises (Apartment, Studio, Villa, Farmhouse, Terraced House, Maisonette)
"Holiday premises" means any building, howsoever described, but not being a hotel, guest house, hostel or the ordinary residence of the owner or tenant thereof, as the case may be, in which accommodation, ancillary services, including self-catering services, and amenities are provided for tourists; and includes any number of such buildings which are grouped together.
An application can be filed online by following the link.
Applicable Laws
Documents needed with application
Holiday Furnished Premises license
- Identity Card – copy of both sides
- VAT Nr. of Individual (who is responsible to submit ECO Contribution)
- Site Plan
- MEPA Permit including the endorsed MEPA Layout Plans
If the premise was built pre-1967 Architect’s Declaration and
Architect’s Layout Plans. Note – Architect’s Declaration should state:
a) Property was built pre-1967 and that no Planning documents could
be traced, or no applications or other permits exist with P.A/ PAPB
b) Property is built as per sanitary regulations and is fit for habitation
- If not owner of premises: Contract of Lease OR Lands Department per
- For applications on behalf of a company only – Memo and Articles of
   association and company resolution confirming representation.
-          Copy of Contract of Purchase (non-Maltese national only)
-          A 3rd. Party liability insurance for €250,000
Holiday Premises through a lease/emphyteusis agreement- Checklist
- Identity Card copy of front and back
- If not owner of the property, Contract of Lease
- Declaration from owner that has no objection and lease agreement from Lands Department (if applicable)
- Copy of full Memo of Articles of association and company resolution (if applicable) with representation
- A third-party liability insurance for €250,000
- Copy of Contract of purchase.
For further information kindly contact Malta Tourism Authority
Last updated Nov 2019