Mobile Food Kiosk

All food premises are required by law to be registered with the Food Safety Commission so that, from time to time, they may be inspected for their compliance. They would therefore need to register their Food Premises in terms of the Food Safety Act here.

 Additionally, since mobile food kiosks are not in a specific place 24/7, they would need to apply for the Permit of a Hawker from the Commerce Department.

In the case of a street hawker please click here for more information and here to apply.

In the case of a market hawker, please click here for further information and here to apply. 

 In the case that an operator wishes to use public land (such as pavement)  to place tables and chairs a permit from the Lands Authority is also required.  More information can be found through this link.


Relevant Legislation

Trading Licences Regulations

Food Safety Act

Government Lands Act

 Contact Details

Commerce Department

Commerce Dept contact info

Commerce Dept website

 Environmental Health

Environmental Health Dept website

Environmental Health Directorate 
Continental Business Centre, Level 1,
Old Railway Road,
Santa Venera, SVR 9018

Tel:       (+356) 21337333



                                                                                                             Last updated 04 Nov 2020​